WHY CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION
‘are largely inappropriate for the knowledge society of the 21st century and its need for innovative problem solvers‘
- Evaluation of Scholastic learning only on marks.
- Ability of child not evaluated.
- Limited Techniques of Evaluation do not identify learner’s level of attainment.
- Resulting in Pass/Fail.
- Causing frustration
and humiliation .
FEATURES OF CCE
- Continual—from the beginning and during the instructional process
- Periodicity—frequency /term
- Scholastic - Subject specific areas.
- Co-Scholastic - Life skills, attitudes & values and other co curricular activities
Includes a variety of tools and techniques for assessment of the learners.
- Work experience
- Physical and Health Education
- Art Education
- Life Skills
- Attitudes and Values
- Participation and Achievement
- Outdoor Activities
Formative Assessment :
- Assessment which is carried throughout the year by the teacher formally and informally
- It is diagnostic and remedial
- End of term or end of the year exams
- Feedback on learning (assessment of learning) to teacher and parents
FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT (FA)
Will comprise of :
- Class work
- Oral questions
Will be Term End Examination:
- Curriculum and syllabus as circulated by the board
- Question papers to be prepared by schools as per the CBSE format and have to be only from the Question Bank on the CBSE website.
- Exam to be conducted by schools
- Evaluation of Answer scripts will be done with in the school.